Friday, October 24, 2008

CARMEL APPLES

I was at the store this week and saw all the carmels by the apples and thought it sounded good to make carmel apples. I have never made them before, but wanted to try.
I was melting the carmel and turned around and my "little helpers" had taken bites out of half the apples.

...but they are cute.

Phil dipping


So my apples didn't turn out. They looked pretty, but they were HARD as a rock!! I thought all you did was melt the carmels and dip the apples. Apparently not. You have to add 2 tablespoons of water to the carmel.
I bought more apples to try again!



5 comments:

The Bertagnoles said...

They do look good! That makes me want to try them. Ill have to do it before Halloween. :}

Kelli and Chad said...

I knew I was right in not attempting to make carmel apples this year!! Mine would have been not even edible. Looks like it ways fun though.

stacy h. said...

carmeled apples are hard to make! i have tried too! my friend brought me one the other day that was delicious!!! i will ask her what the secret is. :)

Katie Moreno said...

Too funny about your apples, that sounds like something my kids would do!!

Unknown said...

Good to know about adding the water. Your little helpers were just saving you the hassle of having to dip the apples in the caramel ;)
Now I want some caramel apples!